Hello sweet blog readers. I had some trouble formating this list and grew impatient and frustrated so I just PDF’ed it. CLick below for the actual content.
Tag Archives: Dierks Bentley
The Randy Rogers Band is a country band that hales from the great state of Texas. Yes, I realize that this Texas kick I’m on is stretching in to its second week and, well, I don’t care. Their debut album was a live album recorded at a bar in San Marcos, Texas in 2000. By 2002 they had signed with an independent label and released their first studio album Like It Used To Be.
Rand Rogers Band Discography:
- Live at the Cheatum Street Warehouse (2000)
- Like It Used To Be (2002)
- Rollercoaster (2004)
- Live at Billy Bob’s Texas (2005)
- Just a Matter of Time (2006)
- The Randy Rogers Band (2008)
- Burning the Day (Set to release Aug. 2010)
They have come a long way since the bar scene of San Marcos. They have opened for artists such as the Eagles, Willie Nelson, Gary Allan, and Dierks Bentley. Their music fits the college scene with its good time party vibe but also digs a little deeper with each new release. It is an interesting fusion of country and a rugged swagger that comes across as the musical love child of Waylon Jennings and Steve Earle.
Top 5 Rand Rogers Band Songs:
- Tommy Jackson (Like It Used To Be)
- Love Must Follow You Around (Rollercoaster)
- This Is Goodbye (Randy Rogers Band)
- Wicked Ways (Randy Rogers Band)
- Somebody Take Me Home (Rollercoaster)
Rogers is the main songwriter in the band Kenny Chesney covered “Somebody Take Me Home” on his album The Road and the Radio. Through constant touring and a record release schedule of about every two years, the band has built a solid fan base and Rolling Stone magazine listed them as a Top 10 Must See Artist in the summer of 2007.
Check out the Randy Rogers Band at www.randyrogersband.com
Great music awaits!